Raymarine AIS650 Class B AIS Transponder
Operating in the VHF maritime band, the Raymarine AIS system enables the wireless exchange of navigation status between vessels and shore-side traffic monitoring centres. Commercial ships, ocean-going vessels and recreational boats equipped with Raymarine AIS transmitters broadcast AIS messages that include the vessel's name, course, speed and current navigation status.
Raymarine's AIS650 is a class B AIS transceiver allowing you to transmit your data to other AIS equipped vessels, and receive their data for viewing right on your Raymarine multifunction display's radar or chartplotter screen.
- Dual channel receivers - AIS vessel monitoring of class A and B transmissions.
- Dedicated 50 channel RAIM compliant GPS receiver for superior accuracy.
- Hardware and software selectable Silent Mode for privacy or security. Silent Mode for privacy or security. Silent mode turns off your AIS transmitter while still enabling you to see transmissions from other vessels.
- SeaTalkNG networking for simple integration with Raymarine C Series Widescreen, E Series Widescreen and G Series systems.
- USB 2.0 port for plug-and-play connection to PC based navigation systems.
- SD Card Slot for recording of AIS data.
- Built-in NMEA multiplexer simplifies integration with legacy Multifunction Displays, VHF radios and 3rd party devices.
Both the AIS350 and AIS650 supports Raymarine's exclusive Buddy Tracking feature when used with Raymarine multifunction displays. This allows you to save AIS targets of interest with a special icon and "friendly" name. Buddy tracking makes it easy to spot the boats of friends and family out on the water, or to identify other vessels-of-interest with ease.
The AIS650 also features both hardware and software enabled Silent Mode, which enables the captain to switch off the AIS transmitter for reasons of security or privacy. When connected to Raymarine Multifunction Displays, silent mode can be enabled or disabled at-will from any display on the network. This feature is most often employed by tournament captains who do not want to reveal the position of their hot fishing spot, but is also vital to cruising power and sailing vessels who may want to temporarily disable broadcasting their position out of concern for vessel security.
Networking your AIS with SeaTalkNG
Raymarine’s new AIS350 receiver and AIS650 Class B Automatic Identification (AIS) transceiver brings boaters best-in-class features and performance in a package that’s 50% smaller than previous generation AIS transmitters.
Both the AIS350 and AIS650 are engineered for seamless integration with Raymarine multifunction displays and offer multiple connection options including SeaTalkNG, NMEA2000, NMEA0183 and USB.
This unprecedented flexibility makes the AIS350 and the AIS650 easy to integrate with all of your onboard electronics including MFD’s, instruments, PC based navigation systems and more.